What I used:
- Lindy's Stamp Gang Color Shots: Bells of Ireland Green, Magnolia Magenta Gold, Hottie Patottie Hot Pink, Bachelor Button Blue, Witch's Potion Purple, Rhododendron Rose Red and Marigold Yellow Orange.
- Lindy's Stamp Gang Starburst Spray on leaf - Bells of Ireland Green
- Lindy's Stamp Gang Glitz Spritz on flower - Royal Amethyst Fire
- Pink Paislee Resist Cardstock - 12 x 12 Mistables
- Prima Leaf, Say it in Crystals (Black corner embellishments cut from border edging)
- Magnolia flower (large) and black bead spray
- Flower coloured with Copic Markers and Glitz Spritz - Royal Amethyst Fire
- Black Opulence Ribbon
- Eclipse Black 100 Card
- Stickles - Stardust
What I did:
Cut resist card to size and choose a rainbow of Color Shots. My shots have been pre-mixed with water. You could also create monotone cards (eg: all different blues) which also look amazing!
Using a small spoon or pop stick, spoon a small amount of each color onto top edge of card, making sure each color touches the one next to it like this...
Gently tilt the card to allow colors to run.
Add more color if needed. If you prefer to leave this looking drippy, stop at this step and leave the colors to dry.
Once again - tilt card so that colors run, the excess will run off - I use this excess color on tags or pages so I don't waste it..
Use a paper towel to wipe excess color from the resist design (use can remove any stubborn color with a baby wipe). Wipe from top to bottom (in line with colors not across) and change paper towel after each wipe so as not to contaminate the colors.
Leave flat to dry (this won't take long).
Now you could use this as the base for an image, die cut it, use as journal background, but I thought this was so pretty I didn't really want to cover it up! In an effort to show off my background, I added some black card, ribbon and embellishments to contrast with all those colors, plus a flower I had previously colored and this is the result.....